Guidelines for merchants who accept Solano Avenue Gift Cards:
– Treat gift cards as cash and provide change to redeemer (change amount can vary)
– Accept all three versions: older paper certificates; thick, and now the new thin plastic cards
– Do not harm or deface the gift card when submitting for payment – we intend to reuse them.
– SAA gift cards are heavier; to avoid postage we would be happy to pick them up.
– We encourage merchants to reuse the cards at neighboring businesses; what a great way to buy your co-workers lunch on the Avenue – while saving the five percent fee!
– Be aware of first generation paper-style counterfeit certificates. The certificates (were) printed on a specialized premium quality paper and the printing itself is an off-magenta, not red.
– We sell the cards to schools and non-profits at ten percent off. We ask that you split that with the SAA / we take five percent from the face value at redemption; the non profits who purchase these cards appreciate your five percent donation.
– When in doubt, be polite and avoid accepting anything questionable and have [them] contact the Solano Avenue Association at 510-527-5358 info[at]solanoavenue.org
Please see this PDF document that you can post / thank you.
Updated as of 09/2015