Participants Info & Application:
Step 2: Choose your category
- Performers, music, bands, dancers, DJs… (including some commercial “art activity” registrants)
- We do not typically pay for performances from “organizations”
Arts & Crafts Vendors
- Original, hand-crafted work by the artist who is required to be present on the day-of the event. Arts and crafts (aka handicrafts) comprise a whole host of items that have been skillfully made, completely by hand or using only simple hand-powered tools. The individual artisanship of the items is a paramount criterion, Items made by mass production or large-scale machines are not handicrafts.
- Unacceptable are mass-manufactured items, kits, imports, mass-manufactured reproductions of your own work, foods, or recorded media of any kind. If you are a designer who has objects manufactured, or otherwise do not meet the guidelines above, please apply as a commercial vendor.
Commercial Vendors (2 types)
- Commercial – Art Activity: “hands-on” activity such as martial artists, face painters, henna artists and/or any “other” art/craft projects including but not limited to the “non-tangible” such as palm or tarot card reading, psychics, spiritual healing and more.
- Commercial – Sales / Service / Information; including activities Activity: Commercial activities (IE: inflatables, slides, etc.)
Food Vendors (2 types)
Limited to four primary food items / new vendors are required to provide a deposit
- Pre-Packaged Food: Food or beverages served to customer in original, unopened package – including sampling, demonstration and food prepared off-site in a licensed food preperation facility.
- Food prepared on-site: Food served to customer for immediate consumption without packaging (also known as “full service” sales,) sales or give-a-way.
Non-profit and Government Organizations (2 types)
Any organization that can provide proof of nonprofit status or pending status at the time of application; including candidates running for election / re-election for the current voting year.
- Nonprofit: Information and/or Fundraising (distribution and/or collection of information only – no sales of any kind)
- Nonprofit: Food and prepackaged sampling/sales (see food category). Non-profits get 20 percent off!
- The parade “kicks-off” the day at 10AM. It travels westbound/downhill and turns-off 4/5 of a mile down at Masonic (BART tracks). Great exposure for your organization.
- Take a guess, you can come back to this page.
- Choose the most likely category, there’s more info on the category page.
Still have questions?
Try the official Solano Avenue Stroll FAQ page