Solano Avenue is a local treasure with the charm of a small town and an unmatched array of restaurants and retail establishments – including professional and personal services.
- Where else can you find a larger collection of independently-owned “mom and pop” enterprises?
- Where else can you find such a dynamic range of services and get so many things done in one area?
- Where else can you find a more culturally rich group of businesses with owners from all over the map?
Before you rush-off to the mall on “black Friday”, think of Solano first.
We may not have the glitz of your local shopping center, but we have the lasting spirit of “small business” and that counts for double.
Thank you for your continuing support of Solano Avenue.
Happy Holidays – Eid Mabarak, Happy Hanukkah/Kwanzaa, and Merry Christmas from the families who own businesses here.
The Solano Avenue district is standing-by to serve you throughout (and after) this winter season.
Santa on Solano:
Come join us for pictures with Santa, snacks, and more!
Santa has taken the time out of his busy schedule to appear on Solano Avenue for four weekends in November and December 12 noon to 4PM:
- November 30th and December first and 7-8
(Saturdays and Sundays)
KNA Copy Centre, 1865 Solano Avenue at Fresno
- December 14-15 and 21-22
(Saturdays and Sundays)
at Whole Health Apothecary, 1229 Solano Avenue at Evelyn
Stuff a few Solano Avenue Gift Cards in their stockings or slip a few in an envelope, seal it with a kiss and off you go! Solve your problem of finding a gift for that special someone. Available in $10 denominations at:
- Albany – Five Little Monkeys – 1224 Solano Avenue / 510-528-4411
- Berkeley – The Mane Alley Salon – 1859-A Solano Avenue / 510-528-6889
- Mail Order Inquiries – Please call the SAA at 510-527-5358
Live Entertainment on Solano Avenue
Santa on Solano 2013 Entertainers: (Pending Updates)
(Performances are “weather permitting”; Santa is on Solano “rain or shine”.)
- December 1, 7, 21 and 22 (weekend days): Michael Sullivan
(with our “Santa on Solano” program / locations – noon to 4 pm)
- December 15th (02:00 – 04:00 pm / Sunday):
Stannage Avenue Caroling Kids led by Richard Kalman
(with our “Santa on Solano” program at 1226 Solano)
- December 21st (12:00 – 01:00 pm / Saturday):
Carolers at the east end of Solano Avenue
They are part of the Berkeley Community Chorus and Orchestra